Students for the Family is a group of independent students and young professionals from various schools and academic disciplines dedicated to promoting involvement, education and dialogue on the family.
Our mission is to:
- Give students and other young professionals resources and information to help them think critically about, define, and articulate their views about the family.
- Give students a professional venue to present research and projects on the family.
- Encourage students to pursue research, publication opportunities, and the advancement of academic careers.
- Teach participants to identify ways to effectively strengthen their own families and communities.
- Foster the growth of networks between students, faculty, practitioners, and community members.
- Invite community members to participate and learn these same skills.
To this end, Students for the Family takes the initiative and responsibility to plan the Strengthening the Family Symposium every 18 months. The next symposium will take place in March 2013. Check back soon for more details.