Students for the Family is an independent volunteer organization of students and young professionals dedicated to strengthening the family by promoting involvement, education, and focus on issues affecting the family.
Our mission is to:
- Give students and other young professionals resources and information to help them think critically about, define, and articulate their views about the family.
- Give students a professional venue to present research and projects on the family.
- Encourage students to pursue research, publication opportunities, and the advancement of academic careers.
- Encourage young adults to engage and become involved in issues affecting the family.
- Teach participants to identify ways to effectively strengthen their own families and communities.
- Foster the growth of networks (beyond the microcosm of each school’s campus) between students, faculty, practitioners, and community members.
- Invite community members to participate and learn these same skills.
To this end, Students for the Family has taken the initiative and responsibility to plan the Strengthening the Family Symposium. To date, there have been two symposiums (March 2010, Oct, 2011).
If you are interested in helping with this great volunteer effort, or learning more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.